Join our team!
DiversiTree Arbor Care is excited to announce an opportunity to join our exceptional team!
Our company is here because we LOVE working with trees – the most incredible organisms on this planet! DiversiTree is committed to quality tree care and harboring a culture of safety. We strive to provide a safe, satisfying, and productive work environment to its employees. DiversiTree is a firm dedicated to the professional care of trees as well as to the satisfaction of its clients throughout Olympia and surrounding areas.
It is the goal of DiversiTree Arbor Care to deliver a superior arboricultural experience to our clients, while educating them as responsible, and ethical environmental stewards. DiversiTree Arbor Care is dedicated to using the most current industry practices while creating and maintaining a culture of safety, progression of knowledge, and commonwealth of technical skills.
DiversiTree Arbor Care is a quality-oriented tree care firm, serving the needs of both our clients and our employees. We are a small, growing business that has many returning clients as well as an ever-increasing number of new clients, all of which are highly valued. We are a service-based business that prides itself on customer satisfaction, quality, and professionalism. We expect no less of our employees.
To provide our clients with safe, professional service, our company follows the most recent revision of the Tree Care Industry’s American National Standards: ANSI Z133 Safety standards and ANSI A300 Tree Care Management standards.
About the Owner: DiversiTree, Emily Roberts was recognized as Arborist of the Year for 2021, and Tree Worker of the Year in 2019 by the PNW Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture. She is an ISA Certified Arborist and is Tree Risk Assessment Qualified with 13 years of experience in the tree industry. She is also a Lead Instructor for arboricultural and forestry skills and is passionate about safety and exceptional tree care.
The focus of our work: DiversiTree is truly a tree care company that is invested in the long-term care of our clients’ trees. Through this perspective, we offer many tree care services but specialize in proper pruning techniques of small to large trees based on the art and science of arboriculture, as well as consulting and management plans. We seasonally work in orchard pruning and maintenance. We occasionally install cabling or bracing systems. And a small percentage of our work deals with removals, but we are highly focused on tree preservation. We do not remove healthy, green trees – we find other solutions.
We are looking for a committed team member to help us as we continue to grow. As a highly regarded and respected leader in the industry, we are happy to hear from qualified individuals for the following position:
Lead Arborist Position
Part-Time: current availability DOE
Lead Arborist - This position has full jobsite responsibility, including work supervision, jobsite setup and breakdown, job pacing, maintaining crew integrity and safety, and may include scheduling. This person ensures PPE appropriate for each job task is worn or used by all crew at all times. The Lead Arborist works under the direction of the Supervisor. The Lead Arborist must have a working knowledge of all equipment and work assigned to the crew. The Lead Arborist is responsible for ensuring a JSA is completed for every job, an emergency action plan is in place, and is familiar with ANSI Z133, applicable OSHA regulations, and Best Management Practices for all work. The Lead Arborist ensures continued training of the crew on the jobsite, and reports all accidents, injuries, equipment needs or damage, and training requests to the Supervisor. This person is responsible for understanding each work order, and ensures it is carried out with the quality, efficiency, and timeliness expected by the Supervisor. The Lead Arborist is responsible for all assigned equipment and enforces the equipment maintenance program. This person may be responsible for client communication both on and off the jobsite.
The Lead Arborist is responsible for:
- Personal and crew safety
- Client and public safety
- Quality and professionalism
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Developing crew skills and knowledge
- Performance and feedback
Duties include, but are not limited: climbing, rigging, small and large tree pruning, climbing removals, felling, clean-up, chainsaw use (both aloft and ground-based) and maintenance, chipper use and tracking maintenance, chip truck operation and tracking maintenance, driving, towing/hauling, tree planting, cabling or bracing installation, interacting professionally with clients
- Valid WA Driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- ISA Arborist Certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months from hiring date
- Minimum 2 years of experience in arboriculture
- Minimum 2 years of experience with safe chainsaw operation, chipper operation, MRS and SRS climbing techniques
- Ability to work in all weather conditions • Minimal experience with spreadsheets, email, computer skills
- Strong verbal communication • Experience with small engine maintenance (mostly chainsaws)
- Experience driving chip truck, pulling, and backing chipper/trailer (non-CDL)
- Commitment to safe work practices • Ability to show up on time, well-rested, sober, positive, and motivated
- Commitment to exceptional, high-quality work • Insatiable interest for learning and growing as an arborist
- Strong work ethic • Ability to lift over 50 lbs regularly and unassisted
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Fruit tree pruning experience
- Specimen tree care
- Tree planting experience
- ANSI A300 pruning techniques
- Climbing removal experience
- Minimal working knowledge in heavy equipment maintenance
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified, or ability to obtain within 9 months of hiring date
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to move into a full-time role with potential for management
- Possible future ownership opportunity for the right candidate
- Minimum two-year commitment
- First Aid/CPR (must obtain upon hiring)
- WFA, WFR, EMT, or Wilderness EMT
- Ongoing education and exceptional training both on and off the jobsite
- Opportunity to work with passionate tree care professionals
- Rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging work
- You get to stand up for the proper care of trees!
- Reasonable hours and schedule
- Endless opportunity for growth in the industry
Please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.